Cohiba® will release a second iteration of Weller by Cohiba. The limited-edition blend marks the first Cohiba blend to be made with bourbon barrel-aged tobacco.
Developed in partnership with Weller Bourbon, the 2022 Weller by Cohiba blend features a Connecticut-grown Broadleaf binder leaf that has been aged in authentic Weller Bourbon barrels transported from the famed Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, KY to General Cigar Dominicana in Santiago, DR where the cigars were crafted.
“For our second expression of Weller by Cohiba, we set out to deepen the connection between the cigar and the spirit, and we did this through our proprietary barrel aging process for tobacco. In allowing the binder leaf to age in bourbon barrels, we have added another dimension to the smoking experience which offers rich notes of cedar, honey and a subtle spice that come to life on the palate and in the aroma. This blend is exceptional.”Sean Williams, Cohiba Brand Ambassador.
More about Weller of Cohiba
Weller by Cohiba was blended to complement Weller Bourbon, a rare and highly-coveted wheated bourbon prized by connoisseurs for its sophisticated, moderately sweet taste and intensely smooth finish. The blend also makes for a sophisticated pairing with any bourbon or aged brown spirit and smokes elegantly on its own.
Weller by Cohiba:
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
- Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
- Filler: hand-selected filler tobaccos from the Dominican Republic, Esteli in Nicaragua and three Honduran growing regions including La Entrada, Jamastran and Olancho San Agustin.
- Vitola: 6 x 50 Toro (10 ct box)
- Price: $24.99 or $249.99 (box price)
- This special release will be available through fine cigar shops across the U.S. following its ship date of September 23.
One response to “COHIBA Launches New Edition Of Weller by COHIBA”
Time for a Pappy vs Weller taste comparison.